SNL MySpace Skit

As I was cleaning out my email, I came across a fun resource for teaching Internet safety. It's a Saturday Night Live skit with Andy Samberg and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. In the skit, Andy is teaching a class on how to use MySpace. The students include Julia and several Internet predators, who ask a variety of questions that illustrate that people may not be who they say they are online. It's probably best for middle school or high school students. Definitely worth checking out!

(I found the clip below at Hulu. They like to put ads in front of their videos, but the resolution is better than I've found at other sources...)

Comments

  1. I just found you while I was looking for this particular clip. We have developed and internet safety presentation at our high school that is now used throughout the state of Utah. We use this clip in the presentation. I am now starting to post internet safety tips once a week on my blog and this is the one I wanted to use for this coming week. thanks for putting it out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried several times to download this SNL clip to use in the classroom. Zamzar converter won't recognize it. Can't find it on Youtube. I do have it as an internet link, but the buffering is so slow, I just don't use it. Can it be emailed to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda, I'm sorry the clip is giving you trouble! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to download it either; I've always just streamed it... Have you tried recording it with Jing, Camtasia, or something similar? If you have SMART Notebook software, I believe there's a screencast tool built in as well... Let me know if that's an option for you. If you don't have the right software, I can try when I get back from winter break. I have Camtasia on my work computer... Let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evaluating Websites

Happy Digital Learning Day!

COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection Act